I’d like to share with you resources or tools I have found along the way and prove to be extremely useful. My hope is for you to find this page helpful. I will be updating it regularly. Last Update: August 11, 2020
Disclosure Note: www.edelpace.com is now a participate in the Amazon Affiliate and Influencer Programs. By clicking the link and doing a qualified purchase, I will receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you are interested in supporting this blog, visit my Amazon Recommendation page.
Read More about our participation on affiliate and referral programs.
- Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution: The Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars by Dr. Richard Bernstein
- Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin–Completely Revised and Updated by Gary Scheiner
- Bright Spots & Landmines: The Diabetes Guide I Wish Someone Had Handed Me by Adam Brown and Kelly Close
- Dealing with Diabetes Burnout: How to Recharge and Get Back on Track When You Feel Frustrated and Overwhelmed Living with Diabetes by Ginger Vieira
- Pregnancy with Type 1 Diabetes: Your Month-to-Month Guide to Blood Sugar Management by Ginger Vieira
- The ABCs Of Loving Yourself With Diabetes by Riva Greenberg
- Tiny Drops by Dusti Dawn Rose
Personal Development Books
- The Code of the Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms by Vishen Lakhiani
- Think and Grow Rich: The Original, an Official Publication of The Napoleon Hill Foundation by Napoleon Hill(There are several publications of this book, but this one is the original text unaltered).
- The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose by Eckhart Tolle
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
Books About Writing
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr. and E. B. White
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction by William Zinsser
- Steering the Craft: A Twenty-First-Century Guide to Sailing the Sea of Story by Ursula K Le Guin
- Everybody Writes: Your Go-To Guide to Creating Ridiculously Good Content by Ann Handley
- On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books by Karen Swallow Prior
Books For Creatives
- The Gift: Creativity and the Artist in the Modern World by Lewis Hyde
- Real Artists Don’t Starve: Timeless Strategies for Thriving in the New Creative Age by Jeff Goins
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- The Notebook by José Saramago
- No Time to Spare: Thinking About What Matters by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Books For Homeschool Teens
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Beyond Brilliance: The Blueprint for Learning Anything by Lucas Miller
- Amazon Prime – You get 2-day mail delivery on your orders, plus free e-books via Kindle, free video, music streaming, and photo storage. Audible can be integrated as well. (You can get a free Amazon account, but to get Prime benefits is paid after 30 days). By the way, you can also get Prime Music and Prime Video with your Prime Membership, so no need of several providers.
- Prime Student – If you are a college student you can take advantage of Amazon Prime for Student. Free for 6 six month! After that you pay a discounted price and can renew again for another year. Plus, with a Prime Student account you get even more perks than a normal Prime Membership.
- Google – You can integrate everything and used from mobile to laptop to desktop and back. Getting a Google email opens all the possibilities; the resources you get with it are wonderful. One feature I love is Google Classroom, it has proved a valuable resource for homeschooling. (Free)
- G-Suite – Another great Google product. Basically is Gmail on steroids, designed for business. Everything you need in one package. They have two options:
- G Suite Basic Plan: $5/user/month. Code: 9C3FWHXG67MNEA9
- G Suite Business Plan: $10/user/month. Code: 9CHDNTX6HTCHJDC
Each promotion code provides 20% off the first year on either G Suite Basic plan or G Suite Business plan.
- Grammarly – Free Grammar Checker -Basic Account (can be integrated with your Google account)
- Hemingway Editor App (Paid)
- Dropbox (free trial and after is paid)
- Bluehost with WordPress for Web Hosting, if you are planning to start a Blog.
- Evernote – For digital organization (Basic is Free)
- Abode – Photo Everything! You can work from the apps on your phone and then continue on your desktop. If you are a student or a teacher can get their products at a discounted price.
- Canva – Graphic design software. Same app for mobile and desktop.(Free basic account)
- Spotify – Not just for music. You can listen to podcast and audiobooks, great resources to have especially when homeschooling. Free web player. If you are a student you can get a discount and also there’s a family membership.
Diabetes Related Websites
The Diabetes Online Community (DOC) has a strong online presence, whether you use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube you are able to find your tribe within and you will have access to more resources. Diabetes does not limit us, it empowers us to become the Best we can be!
Interesting Blogs to Read and Follow
- In the Thick of It Blog by Sharon
- Midlife Milestones by Tammy
- Witte’s World Blog by Linda
- Guilty Chocoholic Mama by Elizabeth
- Kentuckiana Momma by Raina
- Finding Inspiration in the Chaos by Lana
- Redneck Rhapsody by Trina
- I Live in the Country by Terry
- My Blog, Coffee, and Camera by Lusine
- Treesmendus by Verla
- Failure to Thrive no More by Jennie
- My Road My Story by Anita
- Way Beyond the Norm by Kristi
- A Coordinated Life by Monica
- Leave it to Mema by Vicki
- A Mediterranean Latin Love Affair by Sonila
- Empty Next Lifestyle by Sheila
- Dates in the States by Crystal
- Life’s Perfectly Imperfect Moments by Taunya
- Holly’s Bird Nest by Holly
- The Frugal Fellow by Bob
- Sagebrush Farm NV by Lisa
- Aowanders by Adam
- Saving Joyfully by Andrea
- Nash’s Furever Haus by Kim
- Chronicles of a Momtessorian by Anitra
I hope you find these resources helpful and if so, share them with your friends!
Share the love,