Technical Writer | Designer
Master of Arts, English, Technical Communication
University of Memphis / Memphis, TN // May 2023
Bachelor of Arts – English, Professional Writing; Minor: Creative Mass Media
University of Memphis / Memphis, TN // May 2022
Participant in the Accelerated Bachelors to Master’s Program (ABM)
Dean’s List: Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Fall 2021
Editor, ITSPCB – Dept. of Engineering, University of Memphis
Memphis, TN//March 2022
- Edit documents to be published on the Department of Transportation website.
- Style Guide creation.
- Collaboration with the graphic designer.
Student Intern, Project: Our Voices: Bridging the Gap between Conservation and Cultural Heritage on Utila, Honduras, Dept. of Anthropology, University of Memphis
Remote // December/2021 – Present
Support the team to address loss of local knowledge by building on the strength of existing school environmental education programming and incorprating new curriculum that includes local voices and their community-based cultural and environmental knowledge.
Editor, Pioneer Pen
Volunteer State Community College // January – May 2020
- Encouraged student participation through flyers and social media.
- Reviewed submissions and verified they were error-free.
- Collaborated in the Magazine’s design phase in Adobe InDesign.
VP of Education, Lebanon Toastmasters Club
Lebanon, TN // July 2018 – March 2020
- Organized and scheduled club members’ speeches.
- Verified the completion of member’s projects through Toastmasters Pathways.
- Served as a resource agent for questions about the Toastmasters Pathways learning experience, speech contests, and the club mentor program.
- Active and engaged member, participating in organization-wide initiatives such as Open House to build up our membership.
- Developed creative initiatives and campaigns to reach new audiences and engage existing members.
- Managed and evaluated the performance of social media content across Twitter and Facebook, as well as bi-weekly meeting planning emails.
Article: Becoming An Instructional Designer
This article was one (out of two) of the 2022 Instructional Design & Learning Special Interest Group (IDL-SIG) Student Outreach Article-writing Competition winners and will be published in intercom’s May/June 2022 issue. You can read a “free preview” in the Q1 2022 issue of IDeaL, the newsletter of the IDL-SIG.
PIONEER PEN – Volunteer State Community College
Gallatin, TN // May, 2020
Student Literary Magazine, Print, and Electronic
Poem: Coffee Bean
Photograph: The Streak in Nature
BEST ESSAY – Volunteer State Community College
Gallatin, TN // May 2020
Best Student Essays – Department of English, Print
Literacy Narrative: Start by Doing
Collaboration, Communication, Adaptability, Resourcefulness, Self-motivation, Organization, Creativity, Time Management.
Research, SEO, Project Management, Writing, and Editing.
Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Cloud, WordPress, Adobe Technical Communication Suite, Google Workspace, Asana.
- Spanish – Native
- English – Proficient
- Portuguese – Beginner
Society for Technical Communication, STC, 2021 – Present, Member
American Institute for Graphic Arts, AIGA, 2021 – Present, Member
Association for Talent Development, ATD, 2021 – Present, Member
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society – 2019 – Present, Member
The National Society of Leadership and Success – 2019 – Present, Member
Sigma Tau Delta (International English Honor Society) | Psi Omicron (University of Memphis Chapter) – 2021-Present, Member
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) – University of Memphis, 2021-Present, Member